I'm currently studying in UiTM Campus Samarahan. I'm taking Diploma in Information Management. I'm still thriving to be a writer, so wish me luck. For those who had followed me, just leave a link so I can follow you back. Thank you :)

Saturday, May 11, 2013

IMEI

My dad bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I liked it. So far it doesn't show anythings bad. It's my first smartphone and touch screen phone. I'll promise I'll take good care of it, dad! >.<


IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. I checked it's IMEI number just to check whether my new phone is a real deal or not. You just need to type *#06# on your phone. It's IMEI is 355836055526378. 05 is my seventh and eighth number. The seventh and eight number are the FAC (Final Assembly Code) number.

According to Marks PC Solution, if the seventh and eighth digits are 05 or 50 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured either in Brazil or USA or Finland. Commented again by the author of the article, Abdur Rahaman, "As manufactured in Brazil, USA or Finland quality should be fine."

The list below shows the FAC for known manufacturers.
02 or 20 - Emirates which is very poor quality. (NB: Some Indian sets have this number)
08 or 80, manufactured in Germany which is fair quality.
01 or 10, manufactured in Finland which is high quality.
00-  this indicates your cell phone is manufactured in Original Factory which ensures the best quality.
03/30 or 04/40, made in China but its quality is good. But not good either as 00, 01 or 10.
05 or 50, manufactured either in Brazil or USA or Finland.
06 or 60, manufactured either in Hong Kong, or China or Mexico.
13, assembled in Azerbaijan which is too bad. And it is also dangerous for health!

No comments:

Post a Comment